Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's HOT!

I'd forgotten just how hot it can get around these parts. Any moment that the the AC isn't on is a moment I'm in misery.

We had a lovely weekend, though. I went swimming for the first time this year. We sat out by the pool in the sun, and then jumped in the pool for a while. It was cold at first, but that's what you want, right? It felt incredible!

It was Father's Day on sunday so we went to see Dave's folks and have dinner. After that we went up in the hills for a little while and looked down over the valley with the breeze blowing and all the green trees and grass below us, and the sun hitting everything in glorious gold, and I felt so peaceful and at ease at that moment. It was one of the most tranquil moments I'd ever had. I held Dave close and we enjoyed the view together until it was time for us to go home.

I need more calm moments, I think, especially right now. It is instinct to begin flipping out at the prospect of moving, and even though there's really nothing to worry about I can't help but fret about moving day. I want it to be over, and just be living in the new place already. But it's going to be worth it, and Dave keeps telling me it's going to be okay, blah blah blah.

I'll post pics of the new place as soon as we've started moving in :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so excited to see your place! we'll definitely be there to help out. :)

i hear you on the heat. this is the first place we've lived in that doesn't have ANYTHING as far as cooling - no A/C, no swamp cooler, nothin' but strategically placed fans and careful monitoring of open windows and blinds. it's not too bad yet, though. we have a kiddie pool. :)

Karen said...

I'm SO glad you guys can help! It shouldn't take too long to finish the move, though...we've got a UHaul lined up and we don't have TOO much crap... :)

Are you thinking of getting an air conditioner, or are you just going to use fans?

Unknown said...

nah...we thought about getting a window unit but i think we're going to try to stick with fans. it's been okay so far, though today was pretty bad in the evening.

it looks like i might actually be out of town this weekend; the friends that isaiah and i are hitching with to go to the rainbow gathering suddenly want to leave a week early, on thursday. but jeremy and willow are still happy to help out! :) i'm bummed that i won't be there but we'll have to get down there soon and have a partay! ;)