Thursday, March 27, 2008
Dave and I got two new phones, and they are amazing. All we had to do was sell our souls to the Verizon company for another two glorious years, and voila--new phones. Doesn't it sound worthwhile to you? It didn't to me, either.
My phone is a Motorola W350. Stupid name, but great phone. Unlike my old LG craptastic phone (which, by the way, was about as basic as cell phones get), the new phone can take great pictures (for a phone) and is much sleeker and more user-friendly. I'm really excited about it, obviously. I have come to like it so much in the past 2 days that I have decided to keep it even though I could tecnically send it back and take advantage of a free Chocolate phone (which they are pretty much giving away from Verizon right now). The only issue is you can't upload custom ringtones without jumping through some hoops, but we'll see what can be done. Well, and the fact that I think Verizon is still ripping us off, but oh well. Everyone is about ripping people off these days.
Why do we waste so much money for the convenience of cellular phones? Wait, I just answered my own question.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
This morning, Dave made french toast for me and we checked out the Easter basket that my parents sent home with us (covered by a bag so we couldn't see the contents until easter). My mom has always found the cutest little stuffed bunnies/animals for us ever since we were little kids, and this year was no different (I mean, of course, that the Easter bunny does, not my mom...). We were also given some delicious candy in quantities that will keep us on a constant sugar high for at least a month.
We went on an adventure in the afternoon to the mouth of a canyon where we hadn't been before, then drove around to look at some neat houses. A little later, we went to see Dave's family and have dinner/play games. Good times!
And on an easter note...thank goodness spring is here at last! This is my kind of season, not that winter crap we've been dealing with for the last 4 months or so.
Monday, March 17, 2008
(This is what the weather turned into!)
(In Page, after having a break for lunch at Denny's.)
(what a freaking awesome picture!)
(Sword Swallowing--this guy was really fun!)
(Holding a goose!)
(Mom and Dad)
(Me, getting a picture taken with a fairy named Twig. She gave me a sparkly blue pebble.)
(It was too cold to swim, sadly.)
(The Phoenix Science Center.)
(The outdoor shopping area near my Dad's office.)
(Middy and Ralph, the most awesome cats to walk the earth)
(Dave is being so nice to Ralphy)
(A crazy, blurred picture taken at the pageant...makes it look more like a rave than anything.)
(Me with my Mom at the pageant)
(Silhouette in front of the temple.)
We took off Wednesday afternoon and drove. And drove. And DROVE SOME MORE, believe it or not. The trip to Phoenix takes roughly 9 hours if you don't hit bad traffic, crappy weather, or have to stop a million times, which wasn't an issue since it was just the two of us. Plus, the weather was great and the roads were traffic-free. We spent much of the time driving in the dark. We arrived or something like that, said hi to my parents and the kitty cats, Ralph and , then went to bed.
(We're eating at the famous Wendy's in Beaver. Apparently, the water in that town was voted 'best tasting' in the U.S. I don't know, it tasted pretty normal to me...)
(Some typical scenery on the trip up. It's very beautiful, but believe it or not it becomes repetitious after an hour or two.)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
A few pics from our adventures from the past couple weeks or so:
(Dave wanted me to stare into the sun for this one, and by gum it turned out cool)
(A new obsession of mine. This abandoned building is seriously cool. I'm way to scared to go inside, but it's tempting!)
(From a few weeks ago. A cool stairway leading down to a park. We just had to check it out)
(Dave is posing on a picnic table in the park. He looks awfully dignified.)
(My picnic-table pose)
(A shot I really liked)
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
1. What is his name? Dave
2. How long have you been married? 2 years and, like, 2 months.
3. How long did you date? We officially dated for only 2 or so months, BUT...we had been friends for like 2 years, and I wrote to him on his mission, etc.
4. How old is he? 23
5. Who eats more sweets? I think I do. I am crazy about them. But I know that Dave gets pretty crazy about chocolate at times...sometimes it's almost scary.
6. Who said I love you first? He said it, I believe. We were sitting by a stream a few days before he went away on his mission, and he said that there was something he wanted to say at least once before he left...and then he said he loved me :)
7. Who is taller? He is, but only by a scant amount.
8. Who can sing better? He can, in my opinion. I know he likes my voice, but let's face it, folks...I'm not anywhere close to MoTab material. I really like it when he sings to me.
9. Who is smarter? I'd say we are both smart in different ways. As far as academics go, I think he is smarter than I am. Especially in math. My gosh, that boy can figure out just about anything with numbers. But I've got more street smarts.
10. Who does the laundry? We both do.
11. Who pays the bills? We both do, but he keeps track of all that better than I do.
12. Who sleeps on the right side? I do, normally.
13. Who mows the lawn? LOLs. I do not know this lawn of which you speak.
14. Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time because I love to. Plus, I hate the dishes, and our rule is that the one who doesn't cook does dishes ;)
15. Who drives? When we still had Luggy (the old car) I drove most of the time because it was technically my car. Now that we have a different car, I think he drives more often. We do switch off, though.
16. Who kissed who first? He kissed me.
17. Who asked who out first? He asked me, as I recall.
18. Who proposed? He did.
19. Who has more siblings? He does, definitely.
20. Who wears the pants? Er, we both wear pants. As for THE pants, I think they are worn evenly. ie, neither of us is more in charge of the family than the other.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
The plan is to spend three days in Phoenix and chill with my family. It will be awesome! It might actually be warm enough to go swimming (can you guys even imagine going swimming in March?) and on Saturday, we are planning to go somewhere I've never, ever been before: The Renaissance Fair!
http://www.royalfaires.com/arizona/Default.asp?page=1 (the festival's web site)
I am not really a "renn fest" type person. But I've always wanted to got o one regardless of my lack of interest in dragons, fantasy, and the like. The rumor is that my dad is going to wear a kilt (seeing as it will be Celtic day) and my mom may even follow suit and dress up. As for me, I don't know if it's my thing, but I may find myself feeling more festive in the spirit of the whole thing.
We are really excited to get to go on a vacation! Everything had BETTER work out, goshdarnit!