Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Questions on my mind

When oh when will the ice cream trucks go back to their garages for the season and stop playing "Turkey in the Straw" over and over and OVER again every evening?

Is it possible to analyze a text too much? I don't think my lit theory teacher thinks so.

How much longer will it stay warm(-ish)? Is it sweater season now, or not? And...how much longer am I allowed to wear flip-flops?

When will I get to go back to Disneyland? I want to live in a childish fantasy and wait in line for magical rides for a week.

Do people still follow that "no white after labor day" rule? And...what does that apply to, exactly? Shoes? All clothes?

Why did Halloween merchandise show up on the seasonal aisle of the grocery store at the beginning of September? I swear it didn't used to be that way...

That does it for now.

1 comment:

J said...

I love the random posts. They're always great, am I right? I was actually just about to post one of those myself. Anyhoo, let's get back to yours. It IS sweater season here in Montana. It's not freakin' cold yet, but it is getting kind of chilly, especially at nights.
You know what? I've never been to Disneyland. Don't know if I ever will either... Would you recommend it? Do I pretty much have to now that I have a kid?
I don't know what is up with the "no white after labor day" rule. If you'll recall in a previous post I wrote, I'm gonna wear white whenever I dang well please. One time my friend wore white shoes to a Christmas dance and she never heard the end of it from my other friend. Psh! And when can you start wearing white again anyway, according to the rule? After December? Stupid.
And as for holiday merchandise in the stores long before the actual holiday arises, I think it's a little ridiculous. When I worked at Homegoods we'd start getting Christmas stuff in July. Maybe it's a money making ploy or maybe we're all just rushing through life too quickly and can't stop to enjoy the moment/season we're in.
Very thought provoking post, Karen. :)