Friday, November 7, 2008

A few thoughts

*My grammar class is ruining me. When I am reading anything (particularly non-published works) I am constantly asking myself, "Is that correct?" I do it with my own writing as well. It bothers me. I don't have all of the grammar rules memorized yet, but I'll remember that I learned it at one point or another and I will just wonder about it.

*When I am pregnant, I do not want people to touch my belly. I don't know, is that rude? Personal bubble, you know?

*I am fed up with Twilight. It is okay of you like it. I am not judging you for it. I just can't stand hearing about it anymore. And if I hear the name "Edward" one more time....

*I am too addicted to shopping for clothes. I bought a bunch of new fall clothes, and therefore blew my spending budget for pretty much the rest of the year. I feel bad, but at the same time I am loving my new clothes.

*I really am not trying to be negative. I am quite happy with life right now, so don't get the wrong idea :)

*I think that I am starting to like those Ugg boots. Sort of. A little. But I could never wear boots over my pants like most people wear them.

*I think that I am also becoming fond of leggings (!) but certainly not the kind with stirrups. WHY?!

*I am soooo excited for Thanksgiving this year! We are driving to AZ to spend the holiday with my parents.

Okay, one of these days I'll make a legitimate post about something people care about. One of these days...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way about grammar and I'm not even that great about it. It's too bad that perfect grammar makes speaking or writing in an understandable way just about impossible. (And that sentence was so grammatically incorrect!) (That one, too!) (And that one!) (And...)

I only had a handful of people touch my belly during my pregnancies. It is weird.

I haven't even read Twilight because I'm not into vampire pseudo-erotica ("but with values!"), I don't give a rat's ass that the writer is Mormon, and I think people should grow up because not everybody has to like this one stupid series that was written for junior-high girls anyway. Yeah, I'm just surly like that.

I'm pretty happy, too, especially that you guys are coming over tonight!

I dig the Uggs. I admit it. I just love any kind of really bulky boot. And I actually think it's really cute when girls wear boots over jeans, especially when the top of the boot folds down, but I could never pull it off myself.

Same with leggings. Love the look, couldn't do it myself.

As a child of the '80s, I'm allergic to stirrup pants. (So wrong.)

I'm NOT excited about Thanksgiving this year because you guys are ditching us to go to AZ. How dare you!

Seriously, I hope you have fun.

I care about this stuff. I'm happy whenever you post. (But you should respond to your comments sometimes, yo!)

Anonymous said...

Okay, never mind about that last comment, because apparently you do respond to your comments but I don't have comment notification. Disregard.

J said...

I agree with you on the Twilight thing. I see the book everywhere and hear nothing but good things about it. But I haven't read it and doubt I will. Not because I don't want to, (I am a little curious) but I just can't read. Yup, I'm illiterate. Now you know the truth.

Did you know that Thanksgiving is Mike's favorite holiday? Can't say that it even comes in second or third place for me. Too many bad Thanksgivings growing up I guess... But I'm glad you'll get to see your family!

The boots are cute but I've never done the jean tucking before. I think that now you have the straight leg pants you could pull it off. You should post pics of yourself wearing your new fall apparel. I know you won't because taking pics of one's self and then posting them might seem weird and a bit egotistical. But I want to see!

I like leggings. And tights. Freshman year of high school my wardrobe consisted of lots of textured tights and skirts. Now the look is coming back...

This post is legitimate. I care what you have to say. Random thoughts are my favorite kind of posts anyway.

Karen said...

Thanks you guys for appreciating my random posts :)

Soda said...

so karen you should fix your blog list on the side of your page to link to my new blog insted of my old one. if you don't have the address its on my facebook. oh, and i also like uggs but don't dare to wear them over my pants. :)

Mike said...

Geez, spending time on your blog really opened my eyes to how isolated I am. It's like I live in a flip'm cave all day. So here are my questions:

1) What the dink is Twilight?
2) What the dink are Uggs boots?
3) What the flip is the difference between leggings and pants?

And Jamie was right aboot Thanksgiving being my favorite holiday. It's all the fun and get-together-osity or Christmas, but without a month and a half of ugly lights, annoying music, and stressing about buying crap for people that you don't even know will like what you bought them.

Anyone see my logic?