Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life...


...is great!

Summer vacation begins in less than two weeks. As soon as next Friday arrives, Dave and I will be free. FREE!!! Free to spend time together and start the summer fun!

We've been looking forward to this summer break, and I think we've both earned it. I've been schoolin' full time and workin' part time, and Dave's been busy as ever teaching. It was be awesome to have a break from things. We plan to take several trips, go on hikes and outdoor adventures, and work on projects that are important to us. For example, I really want to finish writing a novel by the end of the summer. It's going to be tough, but it's something I really, truly want to accomplish. I know that Dave really wants to hike to the top of several peaks in the area, and he's getting ready to take that on.

So there you have it.

3 comments:

J said...

Yes, bring on summer! I've been pretty much looking forward to it for like....way too long now. Have fun on your break! I love not having any responsibility. Maybe you guys could come visit us sometime (lots of hiking and outdoorsy stuff to do here, ya know :)) We could hang out on the deck soaking up the sun, build a fire in the pit at nights, and you could see the new babe (if your'e into that.) Have you already started your novel? What's it going to be about?

Karen said...

It would be great to come see you guys! Right now, we are trying to see where we can manage to go this summer. It would be cool to see your place and hang out in good old Montana. And I'd love to see the new baby :) We will let you know if we can make it work and when, but nothing's certain yet.

The novel I'm focusing on is a kind of slice of life story about a middle school girl. It's just about that awkward time where you feel like you're "in between" and you're figuring out who you are. Some of it is based on my own experiences, but most of it is totally fictional. I'm mostly in the planning stages now, but I've written parts of it.

J said...

That sounds like an interesting book. I'd definitely read it. :)
I know you guys probably have plans to see other people this summer too, but we love to have company and we have the room, so it would be great to have you over sometime. I know you've also got to work around your job. Anyway, just wanted to let you know the offer was on the table!