Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rednecks for a night

On Thursday, Dave called me at work and informed me that he had been given free tickets to see Jeff Foxworthy in SLC on Friday. My reaction was something like "...you mean that redneck guy? Um, okay." Hey, if nothing else it was a free date.

So we did just that--we turned it into a date. We went out to dinner and then drove up to SLC. The event was in an arena (kinda a big venue for a comedian, right?) and we forked over like $6 just to park, but hey, it was a free thing in the first place, right?

So we found our seats (pretty decent ones, actually) and we tried not to stand out as so different amidst the rednecks, cowboys, and hunters that mostly populated the arena. The opening act (for a stand-up comedian...?) was what could only be described as a country boy band. They were okay, I guess. Even though it wasn't our crowd, Dave and I were starting to enjoy things. When Foxworthy came out to wild applause and started telling jokes, though...it was hilarious! I didn't realize this guy was so funny. I don't think you have to be a redneck to appreciate his humor, although admittedly some of the humor was lost on us.

All in all, it was a great evening and we thought it was quite funny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy and I listened to his stuff all the time back in the day. He is freakin' hilarious. I love base humor like that. Sounds like a fun night. :)

Sheltielady said...

How come the pictures of you two always have Dave off to the side sticking his head over instead of being centered on both of you????

Karen said...

I don't know...because that's how the cell phone took the picture?

Sheltielady said...

wahoo, Dave is almost done with school - wahoo whoo