Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On My Mind

*So Jessica Simpson gained a few pounds. Why does the media have to act as though the world is ending because her butt is bigger than it once was? I don't understand this obsession. It's like...you've got the magazines and news screaming that this is some kind of sick, awful injustice to humanity. I'm relieved that no one cares about me enough to take pictures of me for a magazine and spread the news that I'm a blimp each time I gain a pound or two.

*I have made it one more year without submitting to the Ugg fashion trend. So many times, I almost bought a pair of knock-offs but in the end I just couldn't do it. Now spring is almost here, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

*I love IKEA. Have I ever mentioned that before?

*I have been walking to school and work in the mornings, and I wonder why I have never thought to do this before. Getting the exercise makes the day go SO MUCH better, and I feel a lift in my mood and performance at school and on the job. Besides, the bus sucks in comparison, and walking gives me a chance to just listen to music and think.

*I am so tired of hearing the neighbors' dogs barking when they go outside to take a pee/crap. And I'm tired of the fact that sometimes the dogs aren't put on a leash, and their owners scream frantically as their pets run toward the road and won't heed the desperate, pleading calls. Seriously, your dog isn't listening to you, and if you don't want then to become a pancake, PLEASE leash them!

*I don't know if it is just people around here or everywhere, but I have noticed that etiquette is mostly non-existent these days. I went to a play at the school where Dave is student teaching, and the families in the audience had zero respect for the performers. Yes, it was a sixth grade play, but the audience could have paid attention. And stopped staring at their cell-phone screens. And taken out their headphones, NOT talked loudly, or yelled and giggled obnoxiously...and held in their gas. Good grief. It was like a zoo.

2 comments:

J said...

I'm laughing really hard right now. :)

Soda said...

good job on the ugg thing. i also have toyed with the idea of these boots every year and have not ever actually gotten any. i think its because i feel like i have to tuck my pants into them or else they look like slippers? and i don't have pants small enought to tuck in....