Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebrations

This week has been very full of events.

We spent a lot of time with Dave's family this week. Dave's brother and sister-in-law were in town, and we had a great time seeing them for the first time in about a year. We all enjoyed Aiden's birthday party and ate a lot of ridiculously delicious food and played some seriously fun games (Apples to Apples, anyone?). Oh, and of course there was Little Shop of Horrors. Um, need I say more? :)

We didn't do a lot for the 4th of July, but it was good times. We had a little get-together with family and friends, and we watched some stuff and had fun eating and chatting. I didn't get to see any fireworks, and that was a let down...but I do have reassurance in knowing that in this state the use of fireworks is stretched out for nearly a whole month, and on the 24th I'll probably get to go see some. I don't know quite what it is, but it just feels wrong for me to miss fireworks on Independence day! Like...something's missing!

Today, Dave and I went on a hike and it felt great! We try to go hiking as much a possible, although I've been recovering from bronchitis for the last 2-3 weeks and so I'm just getting back into physical activities like that.

This evening, we had a wonderful time celebrating my friend's birthday. It was actually a joint party for her, her mom, and her grandma who all have birthdays close together in July. It was such a great evening and we're happy to have them as our friends!

Pictures? There aren't any, really, since my camera isn't working so well. But I may have a few things to post soon.

2 comments:

Chandelle said...

We didn't see many fireworks either. We were excited to be able to watch fireworks from our porch, but they were teeny-tiny all the way across the lake!

I miss playing Apples to Apples with you guys. We'll try to get some games before your visit.

Sounds like a very fun week! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

J said...

It was really good to see you guys. Thanks for introducing us to Apples to Apples. We just might have to get that game to add to our very small game collection. I enjoyed making necklaces with you while listening to songs from Little Shop of Horrors. Fun, fun for everyone. Sorry about the fireworks, but, like you said, there will be more later this month, so enjoy!