Saturday, July 11, 2009

Scottish Festival

Today we went to the Scottish Festival in Payson. This is one of my favorite events in the state to attend and I am pretty excited about my Scottish heritage and all that crap (although, from what I hear, the Macdougall history isn't all rainbows and puppies...I guess we were kind of jerks...) and I get even MORE pumped when this little fest rolls around each year. I love the festival and luckily I was able to share the festivities with family and friends.

Some pics:

Oh, sweet bagpipes!

Dave trying the Ginger Beer that Clan MacDonald was selling. It's like ginger ale, really, just a lot more...ginger-y.

Me, mid-swig. I'm a big ginger fan so I loved this stuff!

Some of the Celtic dancers doing their thing. Most of these girls had their hair done up in these really tight curls that bounced around when they danced.

Sisters from Clan MacDougall! Woohoo!

King Dave. He looks kinda out of it, though.

Oooh boy, caber toss! Here is a series of pictures showing you the process of tossing the caber. Getting ready to lift...

Lifting the caber...

Getting it balanced...

Running forward, getting ready to throw...

And...after the toss.

This guy is preparing to do the sheaf toss. At first, we all thought the announcer called it the "sheep toss." Good thing it's not. Poor sheep...it would have been stabbed with a pitchfork and thrown over a 20-foot-high bar. haha. PETA would have been there in an instant.

We had a fun day, but we're tired! (I look emo but I was just concentrating too hard on taking the picture)

My parents were in town for this, so my whole family attended and had a great time!
Dave and I look forward to doing it again next year.

3 comments:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J said...

Hey, nice pictures. I especially loved the commentary. Ha ha ha....PETA. So, the festival looked like a pretty fun event. I enjoy myself a good festival from time to time, and I'm glad that you were able to partake in it's awesomeness. MacDougall, eh? My granny named her collie that. Sweet name, I say!

J said...

p.s You and your sisters don't look anything alike. Do you hear that all the time? :)