Thursday, February 21, 2008

President's Day is the new Valentine's Day

Since our Valentine's day sucked, Dave decided to do something really sweet for me on Monday.

When I came home from work (yes, unfortunately people still feel the need to buy computer parts on federal holidays) I found that Dave had a surprise for me. Waiting for me on the end-table in the front room were a bag of Love Messages M&Ms, a new set of metal measuring spoons (which made me glad, since the majority of our old plastic ones had met their demise in the garbage disposal...and I'm pretty sure the only one remaining is a useless 1/4 teaspoon), and...


...flowers!

(these look so good, I bet you can just smell them now!)

No, not just flowers, but hyacinths! These are one of my favorite flowers. Over the past couple of days, they have really bloomed and the area near the sink actually smells good. No...heavenly! I love, love, love these flowers. Thank you for being so thoughtful, Dave!

Speaking of Dave...the poor guy is sick. Again. We've learned that this is probably because of his plasma donations. Whether or not this is the cause, he isn't going back to the plasma center until winter is over and the odds of him catching the cold are less.

No comments: