Friday, April 4, 2008

Banquet and stuffed creatures

We went to a banquet for Jana last night, since she was accepted into some scholarly society because she was on honor roll at the Y. I had never been to anything quite like that before. They had some people speaking (not very exciting, really) and a yummy dinner. The catering staff came out and served everyone the same meal, except for the three of us since we told them we were vegetarian. Everyone else had some kind of chicken, but we had curry over rice...and it was some of the best I'd ever had! I know Jana wasn't all that in to going in the first place but I think we all had a good old time. We even got brownies. Mmmm.


Afterword, Dave wanted to take me somewhere I'd never been before: the Bean Museum. I guess I'm the only one in the world who hasn't gone there before, but I don't know how much I was missing, since it's mostly a bunch of dead, stuffed animals just kind of hanging out. The ones in the basement were mostly just laying on their backs or in jars. At least the animals upstairs looked alive, you know? It was a lovely little date though, all morbidness aside.
My thumb is doing okay. Still hurts a bit, and wearing the bandages on it is so restrictive (ie, working and showering). Monday I'll take off the bandages and see how it's healing :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.