Tuesday, April 29, 2008

When is free ice cream disappointing?


When you don't get any of it :(

It was free cone day at Ben and Jerry's, and so Dave and I drove down into the depths of BYU-area rush hour traffic (a.k.a. petty much what hell would be like) to get to the one and only Ben and Jerry's shop I know of in the valley. I could almost taste the sweetness of the iced-dairy dessert, but...it was not meant to be. The Ben and Jerry's was GONE.

Who closes a Ben and Jerry's? How sick is that?

And even better--in its place was a Sub Zero ice cream place. WHY? WHHHYYY?! (by the way, Sub Zero ice cream isn't even that good. So there.)

I was mad about the whole thing, so we went to Macy's and bought a pint of Cherry Garcia. Not free by any means, but delicious nonetheless.

2 comments:

kenna said...

I KNOW! I just saw that today too! I was soooo mad! Don't tell, but the peeps who own Sub Zero are in my rents ward.

I don't even know what to do with myself now. I have to go stock up on Ben & Jerry's for myself because I can't stop by and get a cone whenever I want.

OH THE HORROR!

What's a hormonal gal like me to do huh? HUH!?

Unknown said...

seems a little strange that they shut down a hugely popular, well-known ice cream place for a shop nobody's ever heard of. sorry you missed the IC. that's always a bummer.