Monday, April 7, 2008

Simplifying?

We re-arranged our front room last night on a whim, and it looks so much better now. In the process I realized something: I want to simplify things. I mean, we have so many things in our apartment that we don't use. I'd say that we could get rid of 75% of the crap in our spare room, and we'd never even miss it.

I'm thinking that over the next few weeks I'm going to try to get rid of as much as I can. We own too much, and what good is it going to do us? I'll tell you one thing, it'll be a pain when we move. Getting rid of clutter is hard, but it feels great when it's gone and you realize how much open space you really have.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i agree. purging is hugely satisfying. i'm really anal about it. i refuse to store more than three boxes of stuff. our limit is three months: i go through our home every three months and if something hasn't been used in that time, then it gets donated. i make exceptions, of course, for seasonal stuff, and photographs and candles and other things that we use to beautify our home, but as for utilitarian stuff - nope. i go completely insane with clutter.