Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Moving on

We listed our apartment on craigslist this last Tuesday afternoon and were overwhelmed with the interest in it: we had at least 15 calls that evening alone, and several emails. I guess we weren't prepared for that, as my guess was we'd get one or two calls by the end of the day :)

Last night Dave and I went to sign our new contract. We are VERY excited about the new place--it is going to be perfect and we love it. We can't wait to move, but it will still be another month.

We showed our current apartment to two people so far, and the first people were very interested. We introduced them to the manager this morning, and I think they are for sure going to take the contract. Still, I worry. What if they change their minds and leave us high and dry...you never know, things come up and stuff happens. What if, what if, what if? I want it all to work out perfectly without any snags, but we'll see what fate has in store. Sure, moving is a risk and it's highly inconvenient, but where would we be if we never just went ahead and took a chance once in a while?

Don't get the wrong idea, though. I am completely stressed out about this and my anxiety has been much worse than usual. I have had a knot in my stomach the last three days straight and I might lose it if anything goes wrong. BUT... Dave and I feel that this is right, that we belong where we are going. And that's exciting!

So it looks like the move will take place in late June... should be enough time to get everything together, right?

3 comments:

kenna said...

Good luck! I get sad when people leave the ward because then new people come in and I probably like you better anyway. :) I hope that Starcrest gives you your deposit back! It might take some mean messages on their answering machine to get it.

Karen said...

Yeah, I don't know how the deposit thing will go over. We'll have to see. But I have a question--when you cleaned your apartment, did you do it yourself or have someone else do it? I think I remember you saying that you did it yourself but I forget.

J said...

That's really exciting news! If you guys need help moving just let us know!