Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Maybe I should

I've been feeling a little tired and sluggish lately. It's hot out, and it's hot all day at work, and I just come home and want to crash on the couch or the computer and do NOTHING. It's too bad. It's summer, and I have more spare time than I usually do, but I end up wasting the little time I have vegging out.

So I'm making a promise to myself, and I figure that having it somewhere in writing will help me keep the promise. I am going to work on my writing projects EVERY DAY from now on, no matter how little it is. I have so many neglected writing projects, mostly due to lack of inspiration, but nothing helps to get you thinking about writing and brainstorming more than sitting down in front of the document and thinking about it. Like I said...it might not be a lot or writing each day, but anything is better than nothing!

I'm never going to reach my goals if I keep saying "someday I'll get it done..."

2 comments:

J said...

just curious....what are your writing projects? novels, articles, what? i think writing a goal down really does help you to achieve it and if it's somewhere dave sees too, he will probably encourage you to do it as well. oh, btw, i'd love to read anything you've written, but only if you want to share. good luck!

Karen said...

My writing projects pretty much consist of a three things: my novels, my poetry, and just random brainstorming. My main focus right now is working on my novels. I have two in the works right now that I am "inspired" to work on (I've started dozens that I won't ever come back to because I've lost interst)and those are my main focus. Poetry is always fun, but isn't going to bring me to my main goal, which is to publish a novel. I've published one poem, but it's so hard to do and doesn't pay anything :( And as for the random brainstorming...that's something I'm always trying to do, but I don't always have ideas.

I wouldn't mind if you read some ofmy stuff, but I'm not at a point in any of my projects where I'm ready to let anyone look at it :) It's not that good yet. Remind me later...haha.