Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Festival of Trees

Last Saturday, Dave and I went to the Festival of Trees. It is a huge event where people display trees that they have created and sell them to benefit the Primary Children's Medical Center. It is very magical to walk through a forest of themed trees and soak up the holiday spirit. I took pictures of some of my favorites:

A Noah's Ark tree that I thought was adorable!

I have a certain love for bugs (unless they are in my apartment).

This isn't actually one of my favorites, but I had to show this. You may not want to believe it, but this wasn't the only Twilight tree there. I'm being quite serious.

We ran into an old friend!

This was disturbing. They drew eyes on Marley with a pen, and Scrooge didn't actually have any eyes at all, just gaping holes. And they aren't looking at each other. Odd.

There was an area with various gingerbread houses. This was the best one--I can't even begin to guess how long this would take to construct!

Hands down the coolest tree there. It's made of glass, reminiscent of Chihuly's work.

A girly tree with shoes on it. It's like a dream come true!

A freakishly anorexic Santa dances with the lovely Mrs. Claus.

And...a Pez tree!

We were so glad we went, and we hope this will become a Christmas tradition for our family!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I still don't know what Twilight is, but I have to say that gingerbread castle is pretty fli'm awesome. I've been thinking we should totally make candy houses with Vessel this year. It's been probably like 16 years or so since I've done it. Too long, eh?!

Anonymous said...

That Twilight tree was disturbing beyond all reason. I dig the glass tree, though!