Monday, December 15, 2008

On My Mind

Playlist Pick:

Allemande by Keane

~I am so ready for the semester to end. I say this every semester. Then school starts again, and I'm all excited to start over new. Then, about half way through, things start to drag...and the cycle starts over again. Oh, school...why must you tease me this way?

~On that same note, I'm glad I am finally taking another creative writing class next semester. And adolescent literature should be fun, too!

~I was fortunate enough to get a massage last weekend, and in the midst of it, it hit me: maybe I still DO want to do massage therapy. Maybe.

~I miss being able to WRITE whenever I want to. And no, school papers do not count.

~I take public transportation almost every day. Once in a while, I happen to see this particular bus driver who looks exactly like Santa Claus. Today I saw him again, and I attempted to take a discreet picture of him with my cell phone but the guy kept watching me and I couldn't do it. I don't want to end up on the naughty list!

~I like blog posts like this because they don't have to follow a specific topic, and my mind is wandering too much for a real post.

~Dry cleaners charge too much. Who can afford to pay $12 to wash a jacket on a regular basis? Not me.

~I'm going to work on a paper now.

2 comments:

J said...

I like these posts too. I will have to comment more about some of the stuff you said a little later though since I'm a bit short on time now. :) Thanks for letting me keep updated on your life!

J said...

I feel the same way about school. I always get so burned out by mid-semester that I don't even want to think about the following semester. I'm glad I'm done with school. At least for awhile anyway. I suppose grad school is in the future though, so I better enjoy my break while it lasts.

I hear you on the massage. They are wonderful! Did you go to a spa or did a friend or family member give it to you?

Hopefully you'll be able to get some writing in during Christmas break. I wish I had time to read and write stuff too, but it seems like I have a never-ending list of things to do first before I can have some "me" time.

Public transportation was pretty much the only thing Mike and I used during college. Taking the bus was always an adventure. Lots of crazies, that's for sure. Since Mike and I took the same route, we'd usually see some of the same people and it was fun to tell each other about the people we'd see and then say "I saw them too!" Mike actually did get a picture on his phone of a ventriloquist that always took our bus. Yeah, he had a doll with him all the time and dressed the doll just like him so they were matching. And he'd talk to the doll the entire bus ride! It was awesome. Thanks Karen, for bringing back some great memories!

Hope you have a great upcoming Christmas! :)