Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Things I Like

Nail Polish. It's summer, and it's time to dig the flip-flops out of the back of the closet and show of your toes again! I love the warm weather, and lately I've found how fun it is to have colorful toe nails to show off! I'm not really into paintng my fingernails (they are too wide and don't look good with polish on them) but my toes look cute with a coat of sparkly, pretty polish. I've been messing with different colors to see what looks best. Nothing finishes an outfit quite like polished toe nails.

Samsung Netbook. These itty-bitty laptops, designed especially for portable web surfing, are one of my favorite things these days. I've decided that I want to get one to use for my writing and other things. Yes, the keyboards are smaller, but on this particular netbook the keyboard is nearly full-size, and should be a great portable companion for my writing, homework, notes, and internet stuff. I am still saving my money for one of these, but as far as laptops go they are instanely affordable.

4 comments:

J said...

I love flip-flop weather too. Have you ever had a pedicure or a manicure? I've always wanted to get one of those, but never have....

Chandelle said...

Last year we bought an Asus Eee. At the time it was the smallest, lightest laptop you could buy - our screen is about 9". It looks like the Netbook is very similar in size and just a bit higher in price. The Eee really is shockingly tiny and light; I think it weighs less than a pound? It feels more like a toy than a real piece of equipment. It's been useful for Jeremy to take to school in Sacramento so we can keep in touch, but looking at the screen for too long gives me a headache. :) It also takes some time to learn to type on such a small keypad. But, assuming the Netbook is similar, I think you'd love how easy it is to just toss it in your bag and go if you want to work at the library or something. :)

Chandelle said...

Oh, I missed that you said the keyboard is almost full-size. Hm...might have to look into trading ours in !

By the way, Isaiah just asked, out of the blue, if we still have "the white computer" (which is the Eee). That kid is psychic! :)

Sharla said...

Love the toe nail polish! they are so much cuter than finger nails and even better in sandals! I just had my first pedicure for my birthday... oh that was great!!! Would recomend that to anyone!