Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

What a fantastic Christmas this has been! Dave and I have had such a great time with our friends and family and really felt the spirit of the season.

On Christmas Eve, we spent the afternoon and evening with Dave's family. We drove to their house, and as soon as we arrived it began to snow heavily. Yay, a truly white Christmas! The whole family was there, and we all enjoyed each other's company and had a delicious pizza dinner. We opened some gifts beside the present-packed tree. All of the siblings had brought gifts to exchanged with one another. I got some really sweet gifts, including home-made accessories, games, and dvds. It was great! We drove carefully home that night, but it was great to have the fresh snow in time for Christmas.

(picture taken by Mom B.)

(picture taken by Mom B.)

On Christmas day, we gathered with my family at Larissa's apartment. My mom and dad had driven here for Christmas the day before and we were so happy to see them! We opened gifts and had a lot of fun. I got some sweet books, movies, and a LOT of delicious candy! We played games and talked and watched It's A Wonderful Life. It made me very happy to have my family together for the holidays, and I know we all had a stupendous time indeed.



Dave has been working at Toys R Us all week, but he stopped working there after Saturday. I really wanted for him to be around for the holidays, and we figured that with the ridiculous hours they had made him work he had made the equivalent of nearly 2 weeks pay in one. So he's not going back there, thank goodness. Plus, I have been offered a new and better-paying job that will begin after the holiday break. I am both excited and sad. I will miss my old job a lot because I worked with some really neat people, but it is time to move on to something else now. But we should be okay money-wise now, even after the hit our savings took from Christmas and dental bills.

Anyway, my parents will be here the rest of the week and Dave and I are excited to spend lots of time with them. I wish they lived closer, but hopefully someday that will change. For now, though, we are overjoyed to have them around!

Oh...and our 2nd anniversary is on Friday! It is simply unbelievable that we have been married for that long, isn't it? Two years ago today we were making final plans on our upcoming wedding...wow. 2 years. That's a LONG time. But they have been great years!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

J said...

i really like that picture of you and dave. you look so pretty, karen. :) oh, and i wanted to thank you for the scrapbooking stuff! i really wanted one of those corner punchers. i'm just sorry it was so hard for you to find!