Saturday, December 15, 2007

Finals are over!

Score. Finals are over! It hasn't been a great week because both Dave and I have been clamoring to finish our final projects and study for tests. Plus, add on work and other responsibilities and you've got two very busy people.

So, what's new? As soon as finals were done, I busied myself with getting ready for Christmas (shopping, wrapping, cards, etc.). I think that Dave and I are mostly done with Christmas shopping. Last year was a miniature nightmare just because we had pretty much no money to our names, and getting people what they wanted just wasn't easy for us. This year is better. I mean, we aren't able to go overboard with shopping but it does feel good to find the gift that we know someone will love and just be able to buy it instead of wonder what we can do instead. I wish I could make gifts for my family and friends, but the hard truth is that I am not crafty. I can do basic crocheting and occasionally I can churn out a nice looking piece of art, but very rarely do these projects turn out to be anything I'd like to give anyone. I don't know, it's hard.

So I've been getting everything ready for the holidays, and occasionally playing the odd video game and watching the BBC miniseries North and South. It's nice to know that, right now, I don't have homework or reading to be concerned about. It's okay to waste time for an hour doing something I WANT to do instead of feeling guilty about it because I SHOULD be studying. Lovely.

Work is good. Dave's testing center job is off for the holiday break, and he may be working a seasonal job. My job gets a break for about a week for Christmas. I just got another raise (yay!) but my search for a new job still continues. I have a job interview on Monday...hopefully it will go well.

Holy crap, Dave just walked through the front door and it is FREEZING outside! :( I hate the cold.

Oh, and one more thing--as of last week, the sprinklers were still coming on at our apartment complex. Seriously. Here is what happens when you leave the sprinklers on in the winter:














































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that has got to be the coolest frozen sprinkler spry I have ever seen - good job!!!