Wednesday, December 26, 2007

My Favorite Things in 2007

Chandelle tagged me, so I'm going to try to come up with my favorite things in 2007. As it happens, several of them are food-related. Huh. Here they are in no particular order.


1. Our car, Blanca. She's a great car and very reliable. We love having transportation, especially after we went about 4 months without a car. We never wish to do that again.






2. Darigold yogurt. I love this stuff. It's tough to find gelatin-free yogurt, plus it's organic and is hormone-free. Oh, and did I mention it tastes GREAT?





3. IKEA. I know it is more crowded than Disneyland in that place, but I am really into walking around and checking out the cheap, modern, European furniture. And then there's all that crap for sale on the bottom floor...I love it there. Oh, and the cinnamon rolls.




4. UVSC, which provides Dave and I with both school and employment. I gripe about it often but it really is a decent school.






5. Shakespeare. I took a Shakespeare class this semester and have really enjoyed reading and learning about the plays. I used to think that I could never understand Shakespeare, but it really isn't so difficult if you spend enough time with it.








6. My new ring. It was a birthday gift from Dave and I love it! It is everything I ever could have wanted :)










7. Our "garden." We tried to grow tomatoes and peppers on our back porch this last summer. We planted too late and didn't get a very big harvest, but what we did get was delicious and far better than anything you'd find in the produce department.




8. Comcast internet. It's hard living without the internet. Trust me. Almost as hard as living without a car, in fact :) But we got a 6-month deal from Comcast and we are loving the internet! Too bad the promotion is almost over.



9. Black Bean Chipotle Gardenburgers. I love these more than almost any other food right now. They taste good with almost anything, as well as by themselves. It doesn't MATTER if you are vegetarian or not, you MUST try them anyway!








10. Blogging. I didn't used to see the allure of the blogging world, and wrote it off as pointless. But then I decided to try it for myself. Like so many other things in life, I was wrong about it--blogging is a great release and a wonderful way to organize photos, information, updates, and the perfect thing to help family and friends keep track of what's going on in life.

Wasn't that fun? I tag Jamie, Kathy, and Kenna.

No comments: