Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's Halloween Time!

(our pumpkins. The one on the left is Dave's. It's the King of Town from Homestarrunner.com. The one on the right is...well, a kittycat, and it's mine.)
Hello. Halloween may not be until this Wednesday, but we've been getting into gear for the holiday this week. Over the weekend we went to a party that was thrown by Mike and Jamie, celebrating both Halloween and their son's first birthday. I appreciated it because it gave me an excuse to go out and buy a costume, even if it was just a simple one. Plus, it was a fun party. We (Dave and I) don't really throw parties very often. I'm not good with that kind of thing, but Jamie and Mike did an awesome job and it almost makes me want to try it :)

Oh yeah--on Friday we had a low key party for me at Larissa's place. We played monopoly and watched Thoroughly Modern Millie (which was greatly mocked by all present). Jana built me a cake, and my friend Attie was able to come, too. There was much laughter and merry-making.

3 comments:

kenna said...

YES! I found the blog! I have read some of your posts and I really enjoy your writing style. Feel free to check mine out, although it's not as great as yours. :) Hope you enjoy your treats and if you need anything, please let me know!

Mike said...

Hey guys, thanks for coming to the shindig. Having you guys there always makes stuff more fun. Also, I just want to say that THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE IS THE SWEETEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! I had to watch it (maybe several times) in Mr. Halliday's band class at PGJHS. Can't beat that, eh?

Karen said...

Mike, I'm sorry, but...I can't stand that movie anymore! I did like it as a young'n, but it was hard to sit through this time around. What the crap is up with that lady that is always going "Rasberries!"? And the ending! What the...?