Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Getting into the Christmas Spirit

I've been kind of sick the past few days. What a way to end the Thanksgiving break! It's kind of rough...it's like a stomach flu type thing, but not really. Basically it's like a stomachache that doesn't go away, interspersed with bouts of dizziness :( I think I'm getting better, though.

So last Friday, I had wanted to go shopping (I know, I know, I'm a maniac) because it's a family tradition. My mom and aunt and her kids really get into it, and I started going along and found it oddly fun, regardless of the fact that the sky was still dark and normal people were asleep during that time of day. But it's just something we do in our family, and I missed the fact that I wouldn't be with them this year to participate.

I told Dave that I would take him, and he (willingly) accepted. I love that guy...he'd let me drag him almost anywhere because he wants to make me happy, like shopping. But anyway, I was planning to go and got a newspaper and everything but then I started to look at the ads and realized that we only had, like, 3 of them, even though it was supposed to be jam-packed. So I suddenly lost the will to go because I couldn't even plan for the thing, and you don't want to do "shop till you drop" without a plan, unless you're reckless. It's like a sport, and you have to really get into it, meaning you have a game plan. So we slept in instead, and then I told him we could go to the mall around 11am to prepare for next year so he'd know kind of what to expect. It was funny--we were laughing at the people in line in the underwear department at Mervyn's, even though there's a decent chance we will be there next year ourselves. It was fun, though, really.

But we put the tree up and decorated it later that day, and on Friday(I think?), while we were watching a movie (Armageddon...I actually hadn't seen it yet, believe it or not) Dave brought out this clay stuff you bake in the oven called "Sculpy." He created this cute elf thing, and I made Santa. I love my little Santa! He's the bee's knees.

(Dave, working on his creation)

(Santa!)

On Saturday we hung out at home and watched another movie (A.I.) and did our shopping for the week. Sunday I started getting sick, and we didn't really go anywhere at all. I read the whole play, Much Ado About Nothing.

Eh, it's almost time for work. Bye.

1 comment:

J said...

that santa is awesome! you guys are so crafty, i love it!