Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving was an awesome one!


We had wanted to make it to Arizona to see my family (since technically it is, by our scheduling plan, their turn to have us for Thanksgiving) but the trip didn't seem like it would be a good idea this year. So Dave and I were happy to spend the holiday here. We got to spend time with his family and eat some really amazing food and it was a really nice day.

We were invited to eat dinner (well, if you can call Thanksgiving dinner "dinner," since it normally takes place in the middle of the day) with Dave's brother and sister in law Jeremy and Chandelle. Chandelle is an amazing chef and can pretty much make the best vegetarian/vegan dishes in the world. We went over to their place and enjoyed a delicious dinner with them and their kids. It was great to see them and get a chance to talk and eat great food!

After the meal, we drove to Dave's parents' house for more Thanksgiving festivities. We ate pie and played poker and stuff and it was fun. I actually brought a home-made pie to their house and everyone who tried it seemed to like it. That made me happy. On Wednesday, a lady in my ward had invited me over to show me how to make pumpkin pie from scratch (not with canned pumpkin--like, actually from pumpkins she cooked herself). I made the crusts and created the designs on them myself. I ended up with two homemade pies--one for Dave and I, and the other to share (See pictures below.)

All in all, it pretty much feels like we consumed a week's worth of calories in one day, but I never felt guilty--my only worry was feeling sick, not feeling fat and regretful. It IS Thanksgiving, so it's okay to have that extra slice of pie, right? :)

Speaking of pie...

Here is a close-up of one of the crusts with leaf details.

The other pie, close-up.

I'm sad that the day is over, and that I didn't get to see my whole family on this day, but it was still really fun and I enjoyed myself.

1 comment:

J said...

that pie was awesome! i love the leaf detail. homemade is always better than store bought, can i get an amen?