Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Our plans for SPRING BREAK!

Lately Dave and I have thought it would be fun to drop in on my parents in Phoenix on a long weekend. Well, what better time than Spring Break? We've been trying to figure out if it would work, and now we are planning to go to...

ARIZONA!

The plan is to spend three days in Phoenix and chill with my family. It will be awesome! It might actually be warm enough to go swimming (can you guys even imagine going swimming in March?) and on Saturday, we are planning to go somewhere I've never, ever been before: The Renaissance Fair!

http://www.royalfaires.com/arizona/Default.asp?page=1 (the festival's web site)

I am not really a "renn fest" type person. But I've always wanted to got o one regardless of my lack of interest in dragons, fantasy, and the like. The rumor is that my dad is going to wear a kilt (seeing as it will be Celtic day) and my mom may even follow suit and dress up. As for me, I don't know if it's my thing, but I may find myself feeling more festive in the spirit of the whole thing.

We are really excited to get to go on a vacation! Everything had BETTER work out, goshdarnit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i am SO jealous. i miss ren-fest so much. :(

kenna said...

I too am green with envy. I have been craving the sun! I have some grandparents that live in Phoenix and I have been wanting to bum off them to go on a trip. I hope you have a blast! Oh, and yeah, let's hope Starcrest is nicer to you. I hates them.