Monday, March 17, 2008

Our Spring Break Trip: Day 3

The next morning, Dave went to work with my Mom (who is a teacher) so he could observe her class. When he came home, we went to the mall together and got some lunch. That night, as soon as my Mom got home from work, we left to go see the Titanic exhibit in downtown Phoenix--I've really wanted to see it and it just happened to be there. Lucky me! My Dad is really into the Titanic too, and he had a great time. It was sobering though--it was fun to see the artifacts but depressing to think of the tragedy and all of the people that died, you know? It was eerie. At the beginning of it, each of us was given a "ticket" with the name of a real passenger from Titanic. At the end of the tour, you could look at a large list of names to see if the person on your ticket lived or died. My person survived, but unfortunately Dave's did not make it. :( After the exhibit, we went to a place near my Dad's office that is practically an outdoor mall with stores and restaurants. The palm trees were lit with blue lights that night and there were beautiful fountains and music. How lucky is my Dad to work right next to a place like that?

(It was too cold to swim, sadly.)




(The Phoenix Science Center.)

(The outdoor shopping area near my Dad's office.)

2 comments:

J said...

the picture of that palm tree is pretty sweet! i'm so glad you guys had a good trip!

Karen said...

Thanks!